Barrister. You answered my question then I’m going to ask…

Hi barrister . You answered...
Hi barrister . You answered my question then I’m going to ask you but in a little bit more detail about four months ago. I received a summons from a debt attorney who purchased my credit card debt. I supposed to go to court 14th May but as I’m reading the front page to the notice it says I have 30 days to file a written response if I want the court to hear my case and if I didn’t do that I would lose it in default.It looks like it’s needless for me to go there because I lost already I’m going to send you the first page so you can read it please and let me know what I should do
5/12/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello again, .

.

Yes you would have had 30 days from the date of the summons...Nov 8, 2017 to file your Answer... if you never filed an Answer, it is technically too late to do so. You could try to file one, and if the plaintiff didn't object, the judge may allow it.

.

.

thanks

I didn’t read the paperwork correctly . I’ll just try to settle with them after it’s filed. How much are dead companies settling for now.The debt is 6000 do you think they would settle for 3000 or less maybe

Are you working currently or are you retired?

.

Do you have any other assets like real estate with equity, non retirement savings or investments?

.

.

thanks

Retired .I’m on Social Security and my union pension and my house is in a trust

Ok, then unless you have non retirement savings or other assets, then you are essentially judgment proof and they couldn't get anything even if they get a judgment... So you can tell them that since all your assets are exempt from creditors, you are thinking about filing bankruptcy if you can't settle this and some other debts. So I would start out at offering them something like $1500 or $2K to settle it and go from there.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Thank you, ***** *****
Mr barrister .
I could tell them I’m gonna file bankruptcy bankruptcy just to see if they will lower the amount.If I could file bankruptcy which I wouldn’t qualify for what it wipe out the debt that I owe them if they put a lien on me through the court

Yes, you just threaten to file BK, not actually do it.. But yes, it would wipe out the debt and any other ones you might have..

Thank s
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Barrister
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve asked you quite a few questions before this is what I received from the recorder from County clerk I don’t quite understand it I’ll send you some pictures
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 2 more picture to send but there not going thru
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just went thru

Just means they got a judgment against you and filed a lien against your real estate...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My home is in a Trust
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought they couldn’t touch it

They can't force a sale of it... they can lien it.. And unless it is an irrevocable trust, you are still considered the owner of it legally since you could revoke it at any time if it was a revocable trust.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll check it . Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m trying to rate you , but no Stars are showing

You already rated my service previously way back on May 12 when we initially talked... they won't let you rate me twice in the same thread.... but you are free to leave a bonus if you would like...

.

.

thanks