I am applying for a student loan discharge. Under a

Hello I am applying for...
Hello I am applying for a student loan discharge. Under a disqualifying status discharge. The college I attend was aware that I had Juvenile Felonies. They told me I was ok to continue a criminal justice program as they would be expunged and I would be able to get a job. This is incorrect. I applied ans submitted all of the necessary paper work but now the Federal Loan servicing center wants a letter from the college, certifying that this was true... Only problem is that the College closed down.
To further explain: The College (ITT Tech) told me I would be able to have my juvenile record expunged and I would be able to get a job in law enforcement. This was not true. 8 years have passed and I am still unable to get a job in law enforcement because of my Juvenile Felonies. They are considered "Violent Offenses" and can not be expunged. I then applied to have my loan discharged due to my disqualifying status. The Federal Loan Center responded to my application asking me to receive a letter from the school stating that they were aware of my disqualifying status. The only problem is that this school has closed down. I don't know what to do from here. I have hit a dead end and I am hoping to get legal advice as to how to proceed.Thank you.
5/11/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

Have you told the federal loan program that the school is closed so you cannot possibly provide them with verification that they request?

Hello, Yes I have. They told me to contact the Department of Education as they "take over" all ITT Tech inquiries after they were closed down. The Department of Education has no clue and said they could not possibly provide such letter as they have no proof.

Are you aware of the CFPB lawsuit against ITT Tech that is intended to cancel all of the student debt?

If you are aware, then I assume you're not within the scope of the class action participants.

If you aren't aware, then let me know and I'll try to find out who you need to contact.

Okay, I assume that you're off googling for info. Bot***** *****ne, there is a bankruptcy case in which a settlement motion is currently being considered by the court. The hearing on the objections is to be held on May 30, 2018, after which the court will make a decision, which may affect your student loan obligation.

The case is:

16-07207-JMC-7A

ITT Educational Services, Inc. and Daniel Webster College, Inc.
Case type: bk

Chapter: 7

Asset: Yes

Vol: v

Judge: James M. Carr
Date filed: 09/16/2016

Date of last filing: 05/11/2018

You may be able to get some info from the bankruptcy trustee:

Deborah J. Caruso
Office of Deborah J. Caruso
135 N. Pennsylvania St, Suite 1400
Indianapolis, IN 46204(###) ###-####**@******.***

Also, there is some info at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H0xr8htYBXtdpBoIxT4J5-fZvM5lfQLmsG2abj_g7zE/edit

That's about all I can offer at this point.

Hope this helps and thanks for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
I was aware of the suit, but I believe I have a special case which warrants a different process. I guess I was just hoping for help by someone who may have experience dealing with this type of case..

You could try to find one of the executives of ITT Tech through its bankruptcy lawyers, and ask for the letter you're seeking. I doubt that you would get it, though.

Other than that, you can file for your own bankruptcy and try to prove that you cannot possibly pay back the student loan based upon your earning capacity -- given that you cannot actually qualify for the work that your education and student loan should have qualified you for.

There's no other option available.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

P.S. When you take a refund, I don't get paid for my efforts in your behalf. Thanks for using Justanswer!