My daughter, 18, works for a company that they solicitate…

My daughter, 18, works...

My daughter, 18, works for a company that they solicitate the business. She just received a summons to appear in court because the area they had her working in is a no solicitation area. What does this mean for her record? What will happen in court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does your daughter have any upcoming court dates on the solicitation charges?

May 17th. They just gave it to her about 10 minutes ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the solicitation occur?

Barbwrton, Ohio area

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

5/11/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your question. It isn't entirely clear what offense your daughter is being charged with, do you have a copy of the summons for review ?

She needs to answer the summons by attending court and making an appearance.

If it is criminal matter it will depend on the charge.

She is entitled to details of the charge against her, what code section is she being charged under ?

looking forward to being of assistance.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for y time today.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Here is the screen shot of what they gave her.

Thanks for your follow up.

It seems that your daughter is being charged with unlawfully soliciting business

She needs to attend court and would be better represented by an attorney if she is going to dispute this charge.

The maximum penalty is 60 days imprisonment for a misdemeanor grade 3 but more likely is a fine or probation but a plea bargain is possible.

(A) Except as provided in section 2929.22 or 2929.23 of the Revised Code or division (E) or (F) of this section and unless another term is required or authorized pursuant to law, if the sentencing court imposing a sentence upon an offender for a misdemeanor elects or is required to impose a jail term on the offender pursuant to this chapter, the court shall impose a definite jail term that shall be one of the following:

(1) For a misdemeanor of the first degree, not more than one hundred eighty days;

(2) For a misdemeanor of the second degree, not more than ninety days;

(3) For a misdemeanor of the third degree, not more than sixty days;

(4) For a misdemeanor of the fourth degree, not more than thirty days.

(B)"

If she did not have a permit when entering a business or home for solicitation she would have violated the city ordinance.

If the company represented to her that they had a permit to solicit then she may be entitled to dismissal of the charges and the company would be the proper defendant; her attorney could seek dismissal on this basis or put this defense forward at the hearing.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
The company did say will take care of it but i wanted to know what could happen. Thank you for helping me understand what this means

Your welcome and thank you for your feedback.

Attorney Bill