I was cited for being under the influence about 6 years ago…

Customer Question
I was cited for...

I was cited for being under the influence about 6 years ago in California. I never appeared in court. Now I live in NV and it showed up on my fingerprint report when I applied for a job. What can I do to clear this up?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NV

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None yet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 2 days by:
5/13/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I need an answer as soon as possible, please. I'm trying to keep the job.
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What showed up? The arrest or that there is a warrant, if you failed to appear?

It showed a warrant because I didn't appear.
If you failed to appear a warrant would have been issued. You still need to answer to this and contest it or resolve it if you want the warrant to be lifted so you can and should retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you and file a motion to lift the warrant and reset the case. Seeing that it is 6 years old tbey may not be able to find the officer or they may not be able to recollect this event so the state may drop the charge

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

My family can barely afford food for our children, is getting a lawyer in CA the only answer? There is no way we can afford to do that.

You could turn yourself in and ask to be appointed the public defender, once you appear in court. You would need to also hire a bondsman, to post the bond so you can be released from jail.