I have a disabled brother in law lives with me and my wife…

I have a disabled...

I have a disabled brother in law lives with me and my wife he had a outburst and got put in jail almost a month ago we have the legal guardianship of him and the jail courts district attorney won’t talk to us tell us anything on what is going on he has already been deemed incompetent for doing decisions on his own like I say we have legal guardianship still in jail has had dr from state hospital go and evaluate him alone is this invading my and my wife’s and his rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

With the guardianship yes it has been stamped by judge and what not as far as any other filing since he got put in jail no

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Wyoming

5/8/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Have you contacted the Public Defender's Office?

No

Does he have a public defender/lawyer appointed to represent him? Have you been able to visit him?

I think he has a public defender and one time

Are you allowed visitation?

I don't even though if he is still in jail and I've tried to set it up but they don't have him online to where I can set it up and they tell me it all has to be online
Is this violating our rights and his since we are legal gaurdians

I see. You might want to call the Public Defender's office at(###) ###-####to see if you can find out if they know about the case or if there is someone appointed as his defender. Possibly, they can help. Or you can attempt to contact the local attorney to call the DA's office. Your rights could be violated since you are his guardian/family members with regard to visitation if you are being prevented from visiting and also if you needed to make decisions on his behalf.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Okay I will let you know when I find out thank you

You are welcome.

Please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Okay I just found out they have him under a title 7 what is a title 7

TITLE 7 is the CRIMINAL PROCEDURE Statute. But it has a lot of Chapters so we would need more. Possibly, the Public Defender's Office could give guidance on that.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney