Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Legal Eagle, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I am an Independent Contractor and paid monthly once I have
ScottyMacEsq, Doctoral Degree
I am an Independent Contractor and paid monthly once I have submitted my invoice. I was informed in email that the company believes I was overpaid for the last 5 months by approximately $1700.00 and w… read more
My boss owes me back pay from the last 6 months I am a sub
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney/Principal
My boss owes me back pay from the last 6 months I am a sub contractor and I been working for this contractor for 2 years.He owes me 16k for my labor and materials. Can I make him pay me.… read more
somebody hit me at work 2 months ago and i was an independent
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
somebody hit me at work 2 months ago and i was an independent contractor that time and i was told that independent contractor doent have workers compensation.is that true?areent we coverd under the 10… read more
In 2009 I worked for a company like a regular employee but
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
In 2009 I worked for a company like a regular employee but they paid me as an independant contractor not withholding anything or paying their portion of anything. During my time there I begged to be p… read more
I paid my HOA with a check, but I paid several months at ...
J D Haas
J D Haas, Trial Lawyer
I paid my HOA with a check, but I paid several months at once. I wrote on the check: "for the months of Sept. - Oct. - Nov. - Dec." Can the HOA apply the part of that payment to cover a late fee that … read more
I work for a company that pays me once a month. We are allowed
loeblaw
loeblaw, Judicial Doctorate
I work for a company that pays me once a month. We are allowed to get a draw check from payday on the 16th of the month. I bought a car thru the dealer I work for. I have a thousand dollar down paymen… read more
I am being paid as an independent contractor, cash, ...
CJShanna3
CJShanna3, Field Research Investigator/Trspt Agent
I am being paid as an independent contractor, cash, $12.00 an hour(cleaning and organizing homes).I signed a noncompete cotract when I started employment to not compete in any like service while worki… read more
i need to get some advice on a matter. I am a independent
Legal Eagle, Attorney at Law
i need to get some advice on a matter. I am a independent contractor. The company that i worked for sent me a check for work product but a few days later put a stop payment on this chieck after it was… read more
I am an independent contractor in FL I took a loan from my
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
I am an independent contractor in FL I took a loan from my employeer and have paid them 20% of my check to pay it back currently I no longer work for them they are taking 90% of my pay..is this legal … read more
Hello. I am an independant contractor working as a Landman
Ray, Lawyer
Hello. I am an independant contractor working as a Landman for a small company in Houston. My employer is not paying me nor my fellow co workers and we have demanded our checks. He keeps putting us of… read more
I live in california. I worked as an independent contractor
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Owner of my own law firm
I live in california. I worked as an independent contractor for a company last year. I got 2 checks from them. I have not cashed the checks. what is the statue of limitations to cash these checks? Wha… read more
i was an independent contractor and quit 2 weeks ago and they
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
i was an independent contractor and quit 2 weeks ago and they will not give me my last check. i signed a contract with them and there is no verbigde that say they can or will hold my last check. i got… read more
I worked for a college for 18 months. The first 2 months were
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I worked for a college for 18 months. The first 2 months were as an employee, I then switched to independent contractor, to get paid faster. My job did not change. Over that period, I provided a class… read more
As a employer i have independent contractors i pay and give
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
As a employer i have independent contractors i pay and give a 1099 at end of year, many had not paid it for 2+ years- if they dont pay, will i have to pay? … read more
I am a Independent contractor working in Chiropractor office
InformationForYou
InformationForYou, JD (law degree)
I am a Independent contractor working in Chiropractor office but did not sign any contract.The office provide everything for me,clients,bed,towels everything i need as a LMT.Last Oct 25,2011 i was not… read more
I AM AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR WORKING AS A PROCESS SERVER.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
I AM AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR WORKING AS A PROCESS SERVER. I CONTRACT WITH SWEEP STAKES UNLIMITED. 2 TIMES A WEEK WE ARE REQUIRED TO COME TO THE OFFICE AND COMPLETE OUR PAPERWORK AND SIGN THE AFFIDAV… read more
I'm an independent contractor with an apparel manufacture in
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I'm an independent contractor with an apparel manufacture in nyc, I havnet been paid in almost 2 months and was curious to know what kind of rights I have … read more
I am a independent merchandising contractor who works
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I am a independent merchandising contractor who works for a merchandising company. I do a job for them in a big box store for over the past 8+ yrs. A couple of months ago I had to answer my call form … read more