It`s been 19 years since we tried to get a will probated. It…

Customer Question
It`s been 19 years since...
It`s been 19 years since we tried to get a will probated. It was contested without grounds. At least none was proven that we know of. For the past 19 years two lawyers have handled the case. All the has come of if is meethings that have been set for
the plaintiffs and defendant to meet. The one who contested the will has been made the defendant and the others have been called the plaintiffs. For clarification I am writing on behalf of the plaintiffs. Only one of these meeting have been attended. The others, we later found out, were never set with the defendant. The plaintiffs showed up each time; about once a year, every year. Due to the lack of very obvious mishandling, the plaintiffs and defendants got together and arrived at an agreement last year. The lawyer still had done nothing. The judge has ordered him to bring three documents which first had to be mailed to 5 others. He claimed he mailed them. They said they never received them. Sounds like another lie.
We are at the point where we want to fire him. But he won`t release anything on we pay him over $12000!!!What the ______
did he do for that but lie, delay, lie, delay for 9years. Is there anyway I could find out what we should be paying if he followed
proper protocol) sorry, question mark not working. What is the protocol. What documents should he have prepared and what can I expect to pay for handling this by the book
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/2/2018
Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 months ago
retireddebra

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 months ago

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?

I live in Toronto.
The case is in Barbados
Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 months ago

I was stunned when you said Toronto.

I don't know the law in Barbados. I am in Toronto.

I will ask the site to move this out of the Canada law list.

Thank you.