Husband of almost 30 years hid $120,000 of outside income…

Customer Question
Husband of almost 30...

Husband of almost 30 years hid $120,000 of outside income over the last two years, and deposited it into a hidden account in his name only. He then gamed/gambled/ or gave it away/blew it. Can I sue him for compensation in civil court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the husband in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the husband taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Husband has 25 year history of sporadic same type behavior---has lied and covered up to wife

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
5/1/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 21 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 21 days ago

Are you wanting to divorce him here?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Perhaps, but think he needs to be dealt with as a criminal---if he did this to his company he would be criminally prosecuted.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 21 days ago

Well you can sue him here.You would have a judgment that you would try and collect on.If you were to divorce the court ha equity powers here, they could award you other property to compensate for the loss of funds.

Lawyer to sue here

Lawyer Referral Service in Colorado

If you need to find an attorney in the State of Colorado, consider using a lawyer referral service. These public services are offered by local bar association or other types of non-profit organizations. Lawyer Referral Services in Colorado include the El Paso County Bar Association and the Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service, Inc.

When you call the lawyer referral service, a trained staff person will talk with you about the facts of your case during a confidential initial screening process. If appropriate, the staff person will refer you to a qualified attorney. For a nominal processing fee, you can contact the attorney for a 30 minute consultation at no additional charge.

These programs are regulated by the Sate Bar of Colorado. Lawyer referral services throughout the United States can also seek recognition from the American Bar Association for meeting the standards set by the ABA.

This article was last updated on Friday, November 6, 2015.

Contact Information for Lawyer Referral Services in Colorado

El Paso County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Colorado Springs, CO
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Serving El Paso County and Teller County, CO.

Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service, Inc.
Aurora, CO
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Serving Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Jefferson, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin, Larimer, City of Aurora, and Broomfield.

So sorry this happened , here is lawyer referral to pursue him.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer