Lawyers for teachers located in Manhattan. In NY New York…

Customer Question
Lawyers for teachers located...

Lawyers for teachers located in Manhattan

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In NY New York City Dept. of Ed

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

I currently have an OEO case regarding discrimination based on race. I also have a case for cyber bullying that was allegedly done by colleagues. I have gone through school based, union, agencies and now hopefully a lawyer. I want the cyber bullying and current retaliation looked at.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Again, I want to at least get someone to give me some legal advice for my current situation. I am a New York City Dept. of Ed. Teacher.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2018
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 21 days ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you saying you currently have an EEOC case?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, Within the New York City Dept. of Ed there is what is called Office of Equal Opportunity. They are currently looking at a case for racial harassment. I am also a disabled teacher who was illegally videotaped by a underage relative of my principal. Since filing both, I have been severely retaliated against. I am still being retaliated against.

I see. Have you been demoted or not promoted or forced out of a position?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
As part of the retaliation he is trying to fire me by using my disability to do it. I hsve a spotless record.

I see. If you are being discriminated against, you may want to file a complaint with the EEOC also. The EEOC (Equal Employment Office Commission), enforces Title VII, the ADEA, and the ADA prohibit discrimination in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, transfer, firing, layoffs, and other conditions or privileges of employment. These laws prohibit covered employers from discriminating on the bases of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, and disability.

You can also call them tomorrow.

Ask them about the process.

The charge filing process:1-***-***-****

Or visit their website:

Here is a link to the EEOC website:

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/retaliation.cfm

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 17 days ago

Hello again:

I hope I provided good service to you. If you need more, just let me know.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney