They found marijuana in the cmv I was driving I would like…

They found marijuana in...

They found marijuana in the cmv I was driving I would like to know if I lose my license

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Well they charged me but it was a company truck may 9

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

North Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s it

I was also stopped in a Indian reservation
4/29/2018
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist. So I can better answer your question, please let me know whether you were also under the influence and which law enforcement agency stopped you.
Also, how much marijuana did they find?
No I was not under the influence and new town pd stopped me!
Less the one once
Thanks for the info. One moment while I research this for you. The fact that this was on a reservation adds complexity.
Any chance you had a card for the use of medical marijuana?
No
Well, the good news is this is a misdemeanor, not a felony. Still checking on the license ramifications.
I never been arrested before
Were you stopped by reservation authorities or the regular police?
Regular police
Looks like you are OK on the license, unless you are a minor. Worst case scenario would be a fine and 30 days in jail, but as a first-time offender I doubt you would receive jail time. Since the charges come with the possibility of incarceration, you can request a public defender at no charge. Public defenders are in the court all the time and have a good rapport with the DA and Judge, and may be able to get you off with a slap on the wrist.I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue providing assistance. If your question was fully answered, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated!Best,
Attorney 1
my CDL would be ok?

CDL? Thought this happened in ND? Are you concerned about an out of state license?

I have a Florida drivers license but I was working in North Dakota
I have a comercial drivers license

Got it. Let me check further.

The state in which you were stopped has no specific authority to revoke your license and ND would not do so even if you had a ND license. However, since the license is commercial, a misdemeanor conviction would be reported and Florida could revoke the license for a year. Your best bet would be to get the charges dismissed or reduced to an infraction, if possible. A public defender should be able to review the case as a whole and negotiate on your behalf. That attorney can also check into potential jurisdictional issues that may impact or even potentially invalidate the charges, though that is unlikely. Most tribes allow local police jurisdiction on Indian lands, at least insofar as it pertains to non-natives and/or roadways, but it is worth exploring.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.

If your question was answered, please take a moment to rate the response, accordingly. Five-star ratings are especially appreciated. Thank you.

Best,
Attorney 1

Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer