I have decided to withdraw from the LLC from my last

question and let my partner...
I have decided to withdraw from the LLC from my last question and let my partner continue to run it. I will make him get a new bank account and I will cancel all my vendor agreements that I signed on behalf of the LLC and contact Liquor Dept to be removed from the liquor license. Anything else I should do to make sure I walk away with no potential liability? Thank you.
4/28/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I think the other thing you should do is come up with a separation agreement that stipulates a) specifically whether you are going to retain any ownership in the LLC; b) whether you will receive any profits from the LLC going forward; and c) that from the date of that you sign the agreement, that you will not be held personally liable for any claims by the LLC going forward.

This will help limit your liability considerably in the future and will prevent any claims that you were operating the LLC. Coupled with the things you've already done, you will be in good shape.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Thank you

You bet!