My Daughter and 20 month old son were moved by us out of a…

My Daughter and 20...

My Daughter and 20 month old son were moved by us out of a slum of a house about 1 month ago. This was after her being threatened by the landlord of physical violence against my daughter, .After I interviened and moved her out the landlord has accused me of consistently harassing her her family and tenants in other properties. All of which are untrue and is causing me problems. I'm an addictions counselor/therapist in Ohio and could lose my job and license over this. I received a certified letter from her today telling me to cease and desist. I'm tired of all ot the false accusations. The only thing I had done was state to her that I will be reporting this dump of a property to the local housing authorities as she is being funded by local and government funds. the house has black mold bare wiring through out and improper plumbing. other than that I have stated nothing. Do I have nay recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Ohio lawyer about this?

Not as of yet I hope to on Monday

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I did report the home to the local housing authority. I moved my daughter and young son out it just seems like she is mad I did so

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am just trying to protect my reputation and integrity, I'm well know In Dayton Ohio and have a very good reputation I don't want ruined.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/28/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

thank you

I would just ignore the letter but cease contact with this person.Your daughter not you can file complaints, that protects you from any claim of harassment.I agree with you this is ridiculous but at least you will appear clean and have ceased contact.Make the d

thank you I'll relay the info to her

daughter file the complaints here and keeps you out of the middle.She was the tenant and she is free to complain here.

I am so sorry that this happened.I appreciate the chance to help and prayer to your daughter and you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars always truly appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
ok will do

Have a blessed day.