I purchased a vehicle about a month ago, payed the

Customer Question
I purchased a vehicle...

I purchased a vehicle about a month ago, payed the downpayment, and finalized the contract. They've called me back in because they say that there's problems with the paperwork, and they refuse to release my license plate and tag until I come in and fix it. My question is, do they have the right to hold my tag, and if they're asking me to resign the contract, does that make the existing contract void. Void as in because of their Shady tactics can I walk away from the vehicle and give them back the key and get back my down payment.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

North Carolina, and no, I don't have any assistance with this yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet, I'm going in to the dealer tomorrow to see what they messed up on the contract. All they've told me is that there's a paperwork error

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/28/2018
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

This depends...what is the issue? Do you know?

Not yet, I'll know tomorrow when I go to the dealership.

OK