If I have divorce papers drawn up is there a time frame in…

If I have divorce...

If I have divorce papers drawn up is there a time frame in which they must be served?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No steps as of yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Alaska

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We've only been married 38mo. Have only his house (from previous divorce) that has both our names on it, otherwise No other --loans, credit cards, stock accounts, etc. with both names.

4/26/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Within 30 days. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a bonus after rating is always very much appreciated. if you dont see the rating button you can just type back “5 stars” Thank you!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney