I am the victim of ID theft. My bank at the time was Burke &

I am the victim...

I am the victim of ID theft. My bank at the time was Burke & Herbert in Alexandria Va. Acting on advice from another bank's security personell (about 10 years ago). I established an identifiable pattern of doing things. I always did business with b&h in person, at the same branch, always the same amount, always by checks the bank provided at the time, all were written to me, all were hand carried by me to my other bank, b&h started

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

AS in the above Alexandria Va.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

B&h pretended to do an investigation and concluded I had something to do with it. I DID NOT. After talking with uninvolved persons they think the bank had nothing and just pointed their finger at me to avoid paying me my losses.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I offered copies of MY handwriting and other stuff but everything about me was declined. Thus they avoided actually investigating me but said I was involved.

4/26/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
I got a text saying there is an answer... Somewhere???
I asked what specifically would you like to know so I can focus the reply.
I want my money back. I have spoken to security people from other banks who have serious reservations about b&h "investigation".
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekYou have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
FYI
You have provided the type of insight I have not been able to get locally.
I am not sure why the thief can find defense help quickly in nearly every law office, but the victim seems to have virtually no recourse.
I have web searched "id theft victim lawyers" and all have told me "We only defend the criminal".
Thanks for your insight. Have a nice day.
BobFacetious - Humor in potentially bad taste for the moment.
A facetious comment here. Maybe I need to do a lot more research on how to do this crime.
Very welcome.Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a bonus after rating is always very much appreciated. if you dont see the rating button you can just type back “5 stars” Thank you!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Is there a title for the appropriate type of atty I need for this?

Civil litigation/general counsel.