How do I go about taking my name off of my deceased fathers…

How do I go...

How do I go about taking my name off of my deceased fathers will and put someone else in my place?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Such as?

4/26/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Hello

Good morning. You can not alter the will, as it will control since those were his wishes. However, if something was left to you that you do not want to take, you can disclaim it and tell the executor of the estate, who is in control, that you do not want to take what was devised/left to you under the will. If you want to take it and give it to someone else, you can but you cannot just change the will yourself or alter it.

What do I need to do to give it directly to someone else. Forms etc.?
What exactly is it that you are to received?
Life Insurance money and an investment portfolio that would be devided equally between myself and my brother.

If you receive the money, it would be up to you to give it to him. If you do not want this, you could decline it and it may all go to him. As I shared, the will control and if you are a named beneficiary, have a right to take it. If you do not want it, decline it and speak with the executor about this or the insurance company and they can provide you with the necessary documents and forms if you do not want it.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney