I have a question about being paied Salary plus Comssion…

I have a question...

I have a question about being paied Salary plus Comssion Weekley, working 55 hours. What is my minimum wage for this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will, and not I dont

I am in florida.... I plan to move to Chicago with the same employer and same pay structurein the future, is there other laws that apply there?
4/25/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

The law requires employers to pay a minimum wage, including salary, bonuses, tips, and commission. This means that if you are working 55 hours, for all of those things I mentioned combined, your wage must at least be the minimum set by law which is $8.25. So, although you're being paid salary plus commissions, they both have to equal at least $8.25 per hour per pay period. This is the same no matter what state you move to.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
I am being paid $500 Salary, plus $500 or more commission Weekly for working 55 hours. So my Check so $1000 or more. So if I do $8.25 Time 55 Hours = $453.75. Since my total check of $1000 is more than $453.75, this is complient with all state and fed laws? Do Overtime pay get calculated at 1.5, or does that not apply here?
Phone call session started

Thanks again for the call!