I filed a complaint for divorce. I was wonder if the

Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** filed a complaint for divorce. I was wonder if the Motion’s Day Praecipe/Notice is my next step to send to the clerk's office.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes, I received a receipt from Clerk of Court

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I filed in Virginia, recently moved to Florida, June 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband was served papers but did not sign them

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes assuming you served him with the petition here.If you have motions here file them before the hearing so they may be heard by the court.But yes thats the next step to get your divorce moving here in Virginia.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

If he signs the papers, I will still need to fill out the form. So the motion / action to list on the form is "request FOD"?

No you would not.You would set the matter for final hearing and then present settlement/decree to judge.

The settlement/decree would be the FOD that I have typed up?
If he does not sign, then I will need to continue with the Motion’s Day Praecipe/Notice, correct?

Thats correct here.I wish you the best.

Thanks again, thanks for 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer
Thank you

Have a blessed day and by for now.