I'M 70 YEARS OLD AND MY ONLY INCOME IS A SOCIAL SECURITY…

I'M 70 YEARS OLD...

I'M 70 YEARS OLD AND MY ONLY INCOME IS A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK. I HIRED A LAWYER TO REPRESENT ME IN A BANKRUPTCY FILING, BASED ON THE PAPERWORK I FINALLY RECEIVED FROM THE JUDGE I THINK THAT IT HAS BEEN GRANTED. WHILE WE IN THE PROCESS OF DOING THE FILING AND BEFORE THE PAPER WORK WAS FILED BY MY SPEEDY ATTORNEY A JUDGEMENT WAS GRANTED TO THE COMPANY. I WAS NOTIFIED BY THE COURT THAT THERE WAS A HEARING SCHEDULED, I ASKED MY ATTORNEY WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. HE TOLD ME TO DO NOTHING AND NOT GO TO THE HEARING AND I FOLLOWED HIS ADVICE, WHEN WE SHOWED AT THE BANKRUPTCY HEARING ABOUT 3 MONTHS LATER I AGAIN QUESTIONED HIM ABOUT IT. REMINDING HIM THAT PAPERWORK I RECEIVED AND FORWARDED TO HIM SEAMED TO IMPLY TO ME THAT THEY HAD SECURED A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME. I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ADDRESSED THIS, HIS ANSWER THEN WAS HE HAD CHECKED AND THERE WAS NONE FILED. WE CAN'T ADDRESS THIS NOW WE NEED TO PRESENT YOUR CASE TO THE JUDGE. WE DID THIS. AFTER IT WAS OVER I QUESTIONED HIM AGAIN WAS THAT HE HAD CHECKED AND THERE WAS NONE! IF I WANTED TO PAY HIM MORE MONEY HE WOULD CHECK AGAIN. NOW SINCE I WAS BANKRUPT AND HAD ALREADY TAKEN MONTHS TO RAISE THE MONEY AND BORROW FROM FRIENDS AS WELL TO PAY HIM TO TAKE THE CASE AND DO THE WORK I GAVE UP AT THIS POINT. LATER AFTER A NUMBER OF PHONE CALLS TO MANY AGENCIES I WAS ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GO TO LEARN FOR MYSELF. ONCE THERE IT TOOK ME A WHOLE FIVE MINUTES TO DETERMINE THERE WAS INDEED A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME SECURED AGAINST MY HOUSE. IT HAD BEEN FILED DURING THE MONTH HE TOOK TO DO THE PAPERWORK FOR MY FILING. I GOT A COPY AND PRESENTED IT TO HIM. THE THE ANSWER WAS "OH GEE, WHEN I CHECKED I DIDN'T FIND IT" "DON'T WORRY THOUGH! WHEN THE BANKRUPTCY IS GRANTED. YOU CAN PAY ME SOME MORE MONEY AND I'LL HAVE IT DISMISSED AND THROWN OUT..YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY ME MORE TO DO THIS THOUGH BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT COVERED IN THE ORIGINAL FEES YOU PAID ME" SO I FINALLY GO A DOCUMENT FROM THE COURT THAT I THINK SAYS MY FILING IS GRANTED, I ONLY HAVE MY ATTORNEY'S STATEMENT OVER THE PHONE THAT THIS UNSEEN AND NEVER EVER LOOKED AT TO THIS DAY WAS MY RELEASE OR WHATEVER THE TERM IS, NOW THE NEXT STEP WAS AFTER I PAID HIM MORE MONEY WHICH HE KNOWS I HAD TO BORROW FROM OTHERS TO GIVE HIM. TO THE BEST OF KNOWLEDGE IT TOOK HIM AN ADDITIONAL MONTH AND A HALF TO PREPARE AND THEN PRESENT THIS DOCUMENT TO THE COURT. AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS GO BY AND REPEATED UNANSWERED VOICE MAILS TO HIM. I FINALLY CATCH HIM ON THE PHONE. HIS REPLY NOW IS I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING. I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO SELL MY HOUSE AS I WAS STRUGGLING TO PAY MY BILLS AND PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE, IF I SOLD IT WOULD I LOOSE MY MONEY OR HAVE PROBLEMS BE CAUSE OF IT. HE TOLD ME TO GO AHEAD AND SELL IT I WAS PROTECTED BY THE BANKRUPTCY! I ASKED THEN WHY DID WE HAVE TO FILE PAPERS IN THE FIRST PLACE? THE ANSWER THEN WAS THAT THIS WAS WHAT TO BE DONE TO GET THE JUDGEMENT REMOVED. FOLLOWED BY MORE MUMBLE JUMBO AND HIM SAYING THEN IF YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR THE RULING YOU CAN. NEEDLESS TO SAY I REALIZED MY THAT MY SUSPICIONS OF HIM USING ME WERE FAIRLY WELL CONFIRMED. I DECIDED TO WAIT FOR THE RULING. IN NOVEMBER AFTER MORE UNANSWERED VOICE MAILS TO HIM I FINALLY CATCH HIM ON THE PHONE AGAIN. THE ANSWER NOW IS THAT THE RULING HAS BEEN GRANTED AND HE WILL FILE THE PAPERS AND SEND ME A COPY. THE FOLLOWING MONTHS GO BY. NO PAPERS! MORE UNANSWERED VOICE MAILS. AT THE END OF MARCH OR THE BEGINNING OF APRIL HE FORGETS TO CHECK HIS CALLER ID AND ANSWERS THE PHONE AGAIN. I REMIND HIM THAT IT HAS NOW BEEN NEARLY FIVE MONTHS SINCE HE TOLD ME HIS LAST STORY, I NOW ARRANGING THE SALE LISTINGS AND NEEDED THE PAPERS. THAT ANSWER WAS

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Indiana lawyer about this?

I AM A NEW YORK STATE RESIDENT AALL HAPPENING IN NYS

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

JUST ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

JUST THAT NOW HE IS BASICALLY LAUGHING AT ME AND TELLING ME HE'LL FILE THE PAPERS WHEN HE'S READY TO

Answered in 1 day by:
4/26/2018
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

I would contact a local attorney advise him of what has happened. Hopefully he can due some investigation and find out the truth of what is going on in your case. Your current attorney's failure to properly communicate with you is a bar infraction and may warrant filing a bar complaint depending on the circumstances. Sounds to me like 1 year has gone by with little to no results or communication.

Did you have any further questions that I could answer? If not I would appreciate it if you would rate my answer (5 stars is appreciated). Thank you!

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A TEAR OF "JOYFUL" EXPERIENCES WITH HIM ! I HAVE ONLY BEEN PLAYING THE BACK AND FORTH GAME WITH HIM TO THE POINT OF TEARS ALL OF THIS TIME!! IF I WASN'T BANKRUPT AND HAVING NO FUNDS FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I WOULD HAVE HIRED AN ATTORNEY TO GET THIS OVER WITH. UNFORTUNATELY THAT IS NOT THE CASE. HE CERTAINLY IS FULLY AWARE OF MY POSITION AS WELL! HE IS TAKING FULL ADVANTAGE OF THAT I'M SURE AND GAMBLING BECAUSE OF THAT HE CAN GET AWAY WITH HIS CURRENT "GAME" DOING EXACTLY AS HE PLEASES. I AM NOT SURE IF HE HAS BROKEN ANY LAWS. ONLY THAT OF FAIRNESS, DECENCY AND ETHICS I'M SURE. WHERE DO I TURN TO FILE COMPLAINTS, GET RESULTS AND ATTEMPT TO PUNISH HIM AND GIVE HIM HIS JUST DESERVING REWARDS FOR HIS SERVICE!

What county are you in?

Here is a general link to bar complaints in New York:

https://www.nycourts.gov/attorneys/grievance/complaints.shtml

SARATOGA COUNTY NY I ALSO SEE THE LINK FOR MORE INFO. I WILL CHECK THAT OUT! HOPEFULLY I'LL BE REPAY HIM FOR HIS SERVICES THERE! FOR THE MOMENT I IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN FIND OUT IF THE JUDGMENT DECISION WAS ACTUALLY SUBMITTED, REVIEWED AND ACTUALLY GIVEN? MAYBE I CAN GET A COPY MYSELF AND AT LEAST DO SOMETHING SO I CAN ACTUALLY SELL MY HOME AND MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. I STILL PLAN TO REWARD HIM EVEN IF I CAN DO THAT. I CERTAINLY FEEL HE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR HIS WRONGS! PLUS HIS LAUGHING IN MY FACE ABOUT IT ALL. REALLY IS PO'S ME! .
THANK YOU JOHN

If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (5 stars is appreciated). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question. Thank you!

If more issues crop up please contact me! Here is the link to my profile:

https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-expert-andy/?rpt=3800

Ratings are at the top of the page! Good luck!

I DID FOLLOW UP WITH ANOTHER QUESTION. DID YOU SEE IT?

Bankruptcy is in Federal court and requires a local membership. More than likely you would need to contact a local bankruptcy attorney to find out if what he is saying is true.

OK WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME IS THAT I NEED TO HIRE ANOTHER ATTORNEY WITH MONEY I DON'T HAVE TO FIND OUT IF THE FIRST ONE DID WHAT I PAID HIM FOR! I SEE THE SYSTEM IS REALLY HELPFUL TO MAKE LAWYERS MONEY ISN'T IT. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIGHT BACK FOR YOUR RIGHTS?
ITS THE SAME AS I DISCOVERED WHEN FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY. TO PROVE YOU HAVE NO MONEY TO PAY YOUR BILLS. YOU HAVE TO HAVE MONEY TO DO IT! TO PAY LAWYERS AND FEES!

I would look for an attorney that has a free initial consultation. The only way to check the status of your bankruptcy is to be a member of that circuit. I would do it for you but I am not a local attorney. I am sorry that is just the way it is. The only other option I can think of is you could go to bankruptcy court clerk where your bankruptcy was filed and ask them directly about status.

They are usually pretty helpful.

THANK YOU I WILL TRY THAT! I AM REALLY DEVELOP AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHY PEOPLE GO NUTS OVER THINGS LIKE THIS. I UNDERSTAND YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LICENSE ETC TO DO THINGS HERE. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN FOR HELP. I'M BARELY ABLE TO PUT FOOD ON MY TABLE WITH THE INCOME I HAVE LEFT! I SINCERELY APPRECIATE!!!! THE ADVICE YOU WERE ABLE TO GIVE ME!!!!!!! AND WILL TRY TO TAKE IT TO WORK THREW MY ISSUE. IT'S PEOPLE LIKE THIS GUY THAT RUIN EVERYONE ELISE REPUTATION. I KNOW THIS GUY IS ACTUALLY RUNNING FOR A POLITICAL POSITION AS WELL! I GUESS SO HE CAN DO MORE THINGS LIKE THIS TO EVEN MORE PEOPLE! THANK YOU AGAIN! I SINCERELY ***** ***** JOHN

Thank you John. Please don't forget to rate me. 5 star is appreciated. Ratings are at the top of the page.

Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer