I am wondering if a wrongful dismissal question should be…

Customer Question
I am wondering if...

I am wondering if a wrongful dismissal question should be asked under the 'Business Law' category.

Lawyer's Assistant: What province is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have served papers on my previous employer for wrongful dismissal with my local small claims court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have received a letter with a defense from a paralegal representing the owner. This letter denies all of my claims.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/25/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.It is an employment question. Not surprised employer initially rejects the claim. Time to escalate it!A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekIf you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a bonus after rating is always very much appreciated. if you dont see the rating button you can just type back “5 stars” Thank you!
I am not in the position financially to hire a local lawyer for this issue. I have been planning on representing myself at small claims court, but have several questions, and thought JustAnswer's service would be more appropriate in terms of my needs. Should I speak with you about employment law/is this your area?
We cannot represent customers and counsel locally can handle on commission fee basis which is a good situation to handle.
I understand you can't represent me, but you could answer my legal questions to help me win the case (or someone like you). The fees here are very reasonable - somewhere between $40-100. I don't imagine I could secure a lawyer, or even a paralegal, for a $100 commission to represent and answer questions (am I wrong?). Do you handle employment law?
Ok. What can I answer?
By commission I meant lawyer is paid when recovers for you.
Also, my Settlement Conference is on May 8, but the package says i need to submit what I will bring to the conference 14 days ahead of time. That deadline apparently isn't set in stone when talking to the courthouse, but I wonder if local counsel, even if I could secure a reasonable commission-based service, would be able to see me in time to help with this..
Counsel should and I recommend that route!