Will a summons from 2006 show up on an ADP background check…

Will a summons from...

Will a summons from 2006 show up on an ADP background check for employment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Discussed when?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

I'm applying for a job and they use adp. The background check has not come back yet. Not sure how long it takes

4/22/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Okay thanks

Thanks for your patience. The answer to your question is that it will probably show up. THe reason is because before a summons is issued, the petitioner has to file the case with the court. Court documents are made publicly. Public documents are usually found during background checks. Credit checks don't normally produce the existence of a summons, but if they conduct a background check on you with respect to court filings, they may find it. Of course, they may only check in the states or counties that you've lived, and if you were summoned in some place that you don't live, they probably won't find you. The reason is because there's almost no way to check every single court system in the country without advanced technology to do so, but it's possible.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Do they only go back a certain amount of years or no?

They typically go back up to 10 years, but that's for government jobs. For most jobs, it's typically five years at most. It really depends on their own policies, but they usually don't do a super, duper deep dive because it can be costly.

How else can I help you today?

That's it, thank you!

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer