A harrasment case its not file yet but its in the attorney…

A sexual harrasment case...

A sexual harrasment case its not file yet but its in the attorney general hands what to do please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Its a territory if the us

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Its at the attorney general now still waiting to see where this is going to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It happens in the working area where the case has already been file and close due to the Commisioner but the victims family wants to push the issue as to why the case is up at the attorney general now

4/22/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

thank you

The case still be pursued privately, including by having an employment lawyer reach out to negotiate and if needed file a state court action in state court. Make sure to have a timeline of events and witnesses.

Ok just a little heads up of the case. My husband was sue for a sexual harrasment in the working place it was handle in his department and the victim family wants to push the issue so it is now in the Attorney General office no action yet but i want to know what to do if anything comes forward since there are two cases now that has been file as sexual harrasment from his department as the case were already been close and handle in the department but now its in the attorney general office still waiting to where this is going to but i want to be ready if anything comes forward please what should i do
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable
as of now i should be prepare to what the outcome is can you give further advice please
Very welcome. Typically outcome will involve a monetary settlement with amount to be determined based on how proceedings develop.Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a bonus after rating is always very much appreciated.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On findlaw it does really help with what am looking for can you advice please
sorry it desn't really help with what i was looking for
Avvo.com is also a good resource.
Is that also use by lawyers
Hi I have question please
AG office lawyer stop by at the office and ask if there were an action taken for the case but there was an internal case that file inside the office that took action from. So they said they can’t go further with the case cause it was done internal but if they want to file a criminal they would go ahead with an investigation. What to do please should it be resign now since there is time resign from the job or what
I see no advantage to resign. You should explore a mutual separation agreement. Counsel locally should negotiate. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
If they file a criminal case they will lock up the defendant to wait for his case at court right
It was told by looking at the reports that was forward to them they said it’s a 3rd degree
Correct! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Then he should go resign to make it easier
Only if they agree not to pursue further and release him!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
They wouldn’t go further cause it was done internal but if they want to file criminal then they will do investigation which we don’t know when they want to file but it is good to go resign now right
I would get confirmation from them of what you get in return.
The family still want to push the issue which they are so I know they will file criminal sometime soon don’t know when so it’s good for him to go resign now then waiting for a bit before it gets bigger and worse
Better to hold off and have legal counsel retained to negotiate!
What do mean
I would not resign until you have an agreeement.
What kind of agreement I don’t want my kids see there dad go to jail but resigning is a good action now because the case is done internal but the family still pushing the issue cause he is still working I know AG office will file criminals don’t know when anytime soon but it’s food for him to get out of the job
If more comfortable resigning and not looking for compensation or a release then that is an option.
There’s a case file against you but you don’t know anything about it haven’t been served or haven’t sign a summon that’s was issue by the court. Resign from a job Friday leave Sunday to visit family and Monday a case file against you and said have to appear in court on the 25 of this month no appear government will issue a arrest warrant what to do
I need legal advice on this please
What else did you want to know?
I want to know if you still have to appear to court while you haven’t been served or even sign a summon or still good to go

You do need to appear to avoid a default but can raise those defenses in court!

What if you haven’t received that summon and haven’t sign that summon either

You dont need to sign a for a summons. If you didnt get it, that is a defense, but if they submit an affidavit saying you or someone got it for you, then you could get a default judgment against you so not recommended to not show up if aware of the case.

What if I wasn’t aware of any case I haven’t received a summon nor sign it I was told that it is a 3rd degree misdemeanor and said that you have to appear in court on the 25 of this month
You should appear. Otherwise more work to try to undo a default.