My boss discredited me in front of others. He is a dentist…

Customer Question
My boss discredited me...

My boss discredited me in front of others. He is a dentist who now works for a corporate group. He implied I do not have the capability to detect tartar. I a a rdh of 28 yrs. Question...must i return back to work to take him and corporates

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

To court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, he publically said in front of others.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
4/21/2018
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 4 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Please tell me if i must return to work for a period of time in order to take him and the corporate office to court regarding humiliation
He discredited me professionally in front of others.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but generally, making a comment which reflects a personal opinion about employee's professional skills or lack thereof would not give sufficient legal grounds for any type of legal recourse, as such personal opinion is protected under the First Amendment freedom of speech.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.