I was pulled for speeding asked to see the radar gun The…

I was pulled for...

I was pulled for speeding asked to see the radar gun The officer said no And said that he didn’t get it locked in Then he arrested me he did not read me my rights then he threatened me twice

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the speeding charges?

Then he arrested me he did not read me my rights then he threatened me twice May 4

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the speeding occur?

North Carolina Lincolnton county

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

North Carolina Lincolnton county no

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What the basis for the arrest? Just for speeding?

Do you have any answers for me

Yes, please allow me a moment

No

From a legal standpoint, a police officer does not have to show a driver the speed on the radar gun. Moreover, rights need to be read if the officer was questioning you. If they simply made an arrest and did not question you about this, your rights would not have to be read. If this did happen though and you made an admission or statement, there could be a basis to suppress it. It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent you. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

Ok thanks

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney