Can I be fired if I said I was going to call immigration on…

Can I be fired...

Can I be fired if I said I was going to call immigration on illegals that I know are not supposed to be in the state and I know our boss is know they're illegal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I don't know only thing I know is I was told Thursday it would be my last day because I said I was going to call immigration on illegals at work and my boss told me because their contractors that I didn't have proof I have proof cuz one used to work for them he got arrested deported and came back and started work again and they fired me Thursday

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

There is no Union and where hourly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The only thing I'm worried about is my son still works there I'm afraid he's going to lose his job but every Hispanic we have in the yard is illegal I know this because they change contract companies and they had one name when I first started and they change their name when they went to the other contract company cuz I'm a blaster painter supervisor and I do their time and description of what they do during the day

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

You mentioned that your son is working at the place also. Is the employer threatening the son also?

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
They are messing with him so he can quit. The person I got fired over told him to leave like your daddy
Phone call session started

I got for you the contact information for the EEOC (Equal Employment Office Commission).

You can call them on Monday.

1-***-***-****

Or email

*****@******.***

Or find the nearest office:

https://www.eeoc.gov/field/index.cfm

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

To file a whistleblower complaint, see the link below:

https://www.osha.gov/whistleblower/WBComplaint.html

Call the EEOC, first.