My son has a harassment restraining order taken out on him…

My son has a...

My son has a harassment restraining order taken out on him with little merit to it. Essentially he was asked to stop texting the ex by the Mom. He did stop but the girl has been in contact with him, came to our house stating she misses him, still loves him. They had been speaking and on 2 occasions together together with other people around. Then she wouldn’t talk to him again or answer his phone calls etc....he was getting mixed signals. Can I as a parent talk with her parents to try and get them to drop the order?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

He was served papers at our home. He has never been in trouble with the law ever and is a good kid

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

MN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She also lied about a situation that happened in a McDonald’s parking lot which they they were there at the same time and he yelled across to her asking why she won’t talk to him now...she states in the order that he prevented her from leaving the lot and his friend had to physically remove him from the situation. That friend tapped him on the shoulder and said “let’s go, let’s just out of here” that friend said he would testify that that was a lie.

4/21/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - Has there been a hearing on the order?

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
Not yet we still have 10 days to respond
Phone call session started