If a person from another country gifts me 1.5 mil can he…

Customer Question
Second opinion] If a...

Second opinion] If a person from another country gifts me 1.5 mil can he take it back? or take me to court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is he in? It matters because laws vary by location.

He is from canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

None. im asking for the future

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That was all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/21/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know why this person is doing this?

A just because gift.

Thank you. No, they would not be able to take it back, unless they have a legal basis to do so. By that, I mean they would need to show this was not a gift but a loan or that the money was conditioned upon something that did not happen. If the voluntarily gave the money, they could not just take it back and if something happened down the road, which makes them regret it or there is a falling out, it does not allow them to just get the money back unless there was an agreement to repay.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!