Should my attorney be able to get information on a permitted…

Should my attorney be...

Should my attorney be able to get information on a permitted warrant issued by a Magistrate in Virginia on my behalf?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No Charges on file and no court date.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this yet?

Yes, my the police would not give my retained lawyer a copy of the permitted warrant

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if this is an abuse of process and why a lawyer representing me can not obtain any information on the warrant such as the date it was issued.

4/21/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your criminal law question earlier. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request. Yes, your attorney can contact the court clerk in Virginia for a copy of the warrant details.

Police who arrested you may not have the warrant in question but the clerk of the court will have the warrant records.

In addition the local District Attorney will have details of the warrant and can also be contacted in this regard.

As I indicated police can arrest you when there is a detailed arrest warrant for you without showing you the warrant, so it wouldn't be an abuse of process so long as there is in fact a warrant which can be maintained from the clerk of court by your attorney as I indicated.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating is what gives me a credit for my answer and assistance to you.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney