We took our toy poodle to a vet to have her teeth pulled. It…

We took our toy poodle...
We took our toy poodle to a vet to have her teeth pulled. It was supposed to make her healthier and help stop her reverse sneezing. We were charged over a thousand dollars and they left the "good" teeth in. One of those "good" teeth has abscessed and busted through her mouth to her face. There is a bad infection and she has 42 antibiotics to take. I feel like we should get our money back plus some for her and our pain and suffering. Do we have a case?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/20/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry to hear about Pepper's condition.

Because the tooth has abscessed, This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence more commonly known as medical malpractice. You may want to sue either the doctor or their malpractice insurance carrier.

Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand. In most cases, damages are paid out to compensate for medical treatment, lost income, property loss, and pain and suffering.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Thank you so much!!!

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!