Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

DamienJD
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I inherited a home from my father last year. There is still
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Juris Doctor
Second opinion] I inherited a home from my father last year. There is still a mortgage on the home that is in his name and his ex wife's name. I received a letter in the mail from her lawyer that she … read more
My wife signed a quit claim deed to her ex husband for their
Lori
Lori, Juris Doctor
Hello, my wife signed a quit claim deed to her ex husband for their home. Her name is ***** ***** the mortgage. Does the property now go to his new wife or back to my wife? … read more
My husband of 3 years still has his mortgage in he and his ...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
My husband of 3 years still has his mortgage in he and his ex-wifes name. What rights does she have if something were to happen to him? wHAT RIGHTS DO i HAVE?… read more
I just found out that my fathers deed to his home and property
Ray, Lawyer
I just found out that my father's deed to his home and property has been changed from his name and his ex-wife, my mother to one of my younger sister's name. My mother has been divorced from my dad fo… read more
My husband has his ex-wifes home loan in his name. In their
Ely, Counselor at Law
My husband has his ex-wifes home loan in his name. In their divorce 7 years ago she signed a Special Warrenty Deed. However all her banking is done in his name and on our bank statement. Apparently sh… read more
My husband and I are newly married. He still owns a home ...
rvlaw
rvlaw, Judge
My husband and I are newly married. He still owns a home and a truck that have his name and his ex wife''s name on the titles. The home currently is being used as a rental, and he was awarded the truc… read more
I am living with my boyfriend in his house and his ex wife's
Legal Eagle, Attorney
i am living with my boyfriend in his house and his ex wife's name is ***** ***** the mortgage. If he dies can she kick me out of the house and could he have my name added to the deed. … read more
ex-husband & I still cohabitate in the same home. It was his
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
ex-husband & I still cohabitate in the same home. It was his home initially, last year he filed bankruptcy & surrendered the home. The house is still in foreclosure. He periodically (usually when drin… read more
My father inherited his home from his Mother in 1975 and my ...
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My father inherited his home from his Mother in 1975 and my parents moved into that home, my Mother was killed in an accident in 1987 and my Dad remarried several years later, his new wife did not bri… read more
my fiances ex wife is still using his last name and
Kelly Spurlock
Kelly Spurlock, Bachelor's Degree
my fiance's ex wife is still using his last name and will not change it back to her maiden name what can we do legally to make her change it?… read more
My wife and her ex husband divorced about 4.5 years ago. She
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Doctoral Degree
My wife and her ex husband divorced about 4.5 years ago. She stayed in the home - both their names are XXXXX XXXXX mortgage. There was NEVER a clause in the divorce papers that she had to refinance th… read more
Is it possible for a mother to change the last name of her ...
Winston Mortain
Winston Mortain, Doctoral Degree
Is it possible for a mother to change the last name of her baby from the fathers last name to her last name without his permission? They are not married, he is named as father on the birth certificate… read more
my fathers wife died in 1998 and his name was not on ...
Dan, Semi-Retired; Part-Time Consultant
my fathers wife died in 1998 and his name was not on the deed to their home of 25+ years. she had purchased the home about 1 year prior to their marriage. there are no common children, however she has… read more
My daughter inherited a house from her father and the
ScottyMacEsq, Doctoral Degree
My daughter inherited a house from her father and the mortgage is on her name. Couldnt she keep paying it. I'm afraid she will not qualify for a mortgage of her own. Her brother is the Executor of the… read more
My father is on the mortgage along with his wife my father
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
My father is on the mortgage along with his wife my father passed away last month but I have been paying the mortgage since my father helped me purchased the house for over 25yrs … read more
Hello - last year my father transferred the name of his to
Ray, Lawyer
Hello - last year my father transferred the name of his to mine. There were assets valued at $600K in the name of the business. There wasn't a contract, but I do have proof that it was changed. Can he… read more
My fathere died last year and left a small life insurance policy
Richard, Owner
My fathere died last year and left a small life insurance policy naming his ex-girlfriend as beneficiary. This policy was taken out in 1984. In 2002 my father and this woman went through a 4 year lega… read more
In my wifes divorce her ex husband got to keep the truck and
Legal Eagle, Attorney
in my wifes divorce her ex husband got to keep the truck and the house. they are both still in my wifes name with his being the secondary owner because he didn't have good credit at the time of purcha… read more