Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Legal Eagle, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
Bylaws In our Bylaws we do not have any previsions about
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
Bylaws ? In our Bylaws we do not have any previsions about virtual meeting and voting.The president call a meeting to vote for a new director online without asking board approval or a motion or second… read more
Once bylaws and/or bylaw ammendments are approved by a vote
Loren, lawyer
Once bylaws and/or bylaw ammendments are approved by a vote of the members of the organization, how should they be certified? Signature of the bylaw committe? Signature of the board of directors? Some… read more
According to the bylaws of a nonprofit organization, a
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Doctoral Degree
According to the bylaws of a nonprofit organization, a member of the Management Board (MB) cannot be a member of the Steering Board (SB) simultaneously. How this can be implemented in practice when a … read more
We are a 501c3 organization who's President just experience
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
We are a 501c3 organization who's President just experience the accidental death of her 22 year old son. We want to have our membership contribute funds to give to this mother and want to offer a matc… read more
I am the President of the Board for a non-profit organization
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Doctoral Degree
I am the President of the Board for a non-profit organization in Texas. We created our Bylaws and began having board meetings in January of 2010. We started having difficulties with the Founder of the… read more
The bylaws of a non profit organization requires minimum of
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
The bylaws of a non profit organization requires minimum of three and a maximum of seven members in the Management Board, saying that “From amongst its members the Management Board shall designate one… read more
We are a Football organization and have Bylaws in place, addressing
Nate, Managing Member
We are a Football organization and have Bylaws in place, addressing what has to be done at each meeting, example: by 3rd meeting nominations and vote of confidence for president of organization must h… read more
I AM A MEMBER OF A LOCAL CLUB. WE HAVE NOT HAD A MEMBER MEETING
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Juris Doctor
I AM A MEMBER OF A LOCAL CLUB. WE HAVE NOT HAD A MEMBER MEETING IN YEARS OR VOTED FOR A PRESIDENT, VICE PRES.SECT. ETC., FOR YEARS. WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE MEETINGS, MAYBE EVERY THREE MONTHS OR SO TO RE… read more
At a Board meeting of my townhomes the President allowed members
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
At a Board meeting of my townhomes the President allowed members to freely speak up, if they wished. The prior setup was any homeowner had to ask to be added to the "agenda" to be able to speak. This … read more
I am a member of a non-profit organization whereby I am the
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Juris Doctor
I am a member of a non-profit organization whereby I am the Internationl President, elected by the Board members. We have approximately 350 members nationwide, with a V.P., Secretary, Treasurer, Newsl… read more
Can a chairperson or president of an organization cancelled
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Can a chairperson or president of an organization cancelled a schedule meeting when they feel like… read more
How may board members oust a president of a 501C3 CA corporation
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney at Law
How may board members oust a president of a 501C3 CA corporation when it is not covered in the bylaws. The president is in violation of many CA codes. In late 2007, she was appointed by the board memb… read more
We are a member organization We sanction and help organizers
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
We are a member organization We sanction and help organizers promote and actually run events for our members. Can we cap the prices those organizers charge our members in California… read more
I have a question about defamation. I am the President of
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Officer and former adjunct prof.
I have a question about defamation. I am the President of a Toastmasters club, and a former member who we terminated as a member is sending out email to the officers of the club saying we are a drug d… read more
The President of our HOA wants to have a meeting with 3 of
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
The President of our HOA wants to have a meeting with 3 of the 5 board members in order to discuss budget and reserve items before having a meeting . Is that legal … read more
I represent an organization that wants to replace its president
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I represent an organization that wants to replace it's president that has an open criminal investigation against him, but the president is intimidating and extorting everyone else on the Board... We a… read more
My organization meets monthly in members homes in different
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
My organization meets monthly in members homes in different states. We make a monthly donation to an elderly member so we are not making any profits. What would be the best way to protect the group fr… read more
Florida HOA Ch 720. My bylaws allow us to vote for bylaw
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Florida HOA Ch 720. My bylaws allow us to vote for bylaw amendments either at a member meeting or in writing through a mailing to the owners. We mailed out ballots with an amendment for staggered term… read more