Do i have to have the waiver from my spouse turned in within…

Do i have to...

Do i have to have the waiver from my spouse turned in within 30 days from the day i filed the petition and what do i do if he's decided to delay signing it in the 30 period. I think he's doing it to cost me more money that o dont have and he knows i want to be remarried. We haven't been together for 23 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

I filed the original petition 30 days ago with the District Clerk's Office.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it. Thank you so much

4/16/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Could you explain to me specifically what waiver you're referring to?

The one that has to be turned in on an uncontested divorce after the original petition has been filed.

I see. So, if you waive service, then there is no specific deadline to have it turned in, but usually it's wise to turn it in not long after you server the petition. If your spouse would like waiver of service, they're the ones responsible for turning that in. If he has not responded within the 30 day window, you can request a default divorce. You'd have to serve that on him (unless he's waived service, of course), but the judge will grant it if he is dragging his fee.t

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

I think you answered my question! Thank you. Ill have him served and ill keep your # if anything else comes up.��

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer