Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My employer didn’t pay me for period of time. I discussed

Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My employer didn’t pay me for period of time
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I discussed with HR
JA: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: They are unwilling to pay the check
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: As they didn’t get pay from their client
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now, can I talk to attorney
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I didn’t get what is the next step from you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will you be chatting or would we be connected on phone
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not union

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please be patient, as the experts are working with multiple customers at one time and they all deserve the same time you deserve. Thank you for understanding.

If your employer has not been paying you, this is a violation of the Fair Labor Standard Act and as such you have a right to either file a wage claim with the State or US Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division for up to three times your wages due plus attorney's fees or you can sue in court for those damages. However, he is violating the law in not paying you if you are an employee and not a contractor whose pay is tied to client payment.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’m on W2 with my vendor and working for their client
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I m waiting for the call

Here is the link to filing a wage claim in CA: https://www.workplacefairness.org/wage-hour-claim-CA