I sold some property 11 years a go and brother said I

I sold some property...

I sold some property 11 years a go and brother said I promised him that I would not sale it but I did 11 years ago and at the time before the sale he was going to take me to court but he didn't but now he wants to take me to court and he said s the he has a conversation between me and him saying that I would let his kid to inherit half of the land but I sold it 11 years ago and he has been holding on to this tape and the lawyer he went to is going to file with the county clerk and seize everything of my . So can a law do this when my brother held on to this , this long cause paid him and his wife along time ago before I sold it to someone else

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I called the county clerk and she said there has never been case filed between me and my brother before the sale of the land she find no case going back to 2000

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does that phone call between me and him carrier any weight this far down the road it's 11 years after the sell

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/11/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

1) Was your promise not to resell in writing, or verbal?

2) What are you asking now, i.e. what do you need to know?

Verbal , he is stating he has it recorded
Is it something to worry about and he a lawyer that he file it in court in 3 day seize all my property and assets

Well, possibly. While his case may not hold water (the promise MUST have been in writing to be valid), if he files a suit, then this may have to be dealt with. He can only seize your property and assets if he actually gets a judgment, but seeing as how based on your facts he likely has no case, I don't see that happening...

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Thanks ,
I don't see any stars, but your 10 in my book

No problem. Good luck.

Ely, Counselor at Law