Enviromental Health Question... I own a small rual route…

Enviromental Health Question...I own a...
Enviromental Health Question...I own a small rual route trash service .. in the evening I park my truck and trailer with the trash I collected that day on the side of my house, tarped up and ready to be transported to the transfer station in the morning to off load that load and start pickup on my next days route ... this happens everyday ... back in 2016 we where sited for public nuisences ... after a nice long legal battle the county had to dismiss the case and drop the suit ... which they did .... there has been several occations that we have had the sheriffs office stop by and give us a "little advise" on picking up this or that ... since we also have a salvage recovery business and are a working company ... anyway ... we alwasy comply and clean up ... today I was informed that I have a felony warrant that was issued for "illegal dumping" .... with no explaination and this has come up from no where .... what can I do ... and I want to file a harrasement charge ... how can I do that???
I have added the compliance order and nonsuit order
4/12/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I'm Ok with waiting...I just got out if jail from the county issuing a felony illegal dumping warrant o. Myself and my husband.. any advice would be awesome
is anyone going to answer this???
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. It will be my pleasure to assist you. My apologies I just was provided the link for your question. Let me take a look at your attachments and we can continue.

Thank you for attaching the documents they are enormously helpful. This a typical example of petty local politics. I don't mean to sound like I am diminishing the nightmare you went through I am sure this just adds insult to injury.

There are two ways to handle this and one is having an Attorney that works with local municipality send the Sheriff a cease and desist letter. You would want an Attorney that is well connected with local politics an municipal as they will not stop until they feel you may actually take action.

If you file a restraining order the Sheriff's office serves this on themselves and they have legal counsel to handle the matter on their behalf.

What might open their eyes is filing an actual lawsuit against the municipality including the Sheriff. You will need an Attorney. Please give me a few moments to provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations that will address the harassment an constitutional issues.

https://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/state-local-municipal-law/matagorda-county/texas

I have more resources for you.

https://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/land-use-zoning/matagorda-county/texas

I would also report this to the State Attorney General as a public corruption matter. One moment please for that link.

"Special Investigations

The Special Investigations Unit responds to a variety of law enforcement challenges throughout the state. The Unit investigates a wide variety of cases, including violent crimes and white-collar crimes, such as fraud cases, public corruption matters, and Election Code violations." https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cj/criminal-investigations

You would also file a complaint against the Sheriff's Office with Internal Affairs. Internal Affairs acts independently from the Sheriff's Office.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

wow ... thank you so much ... my husband and father (actual legal owner of the property) have discussed in great length about filing harassment and possibly a law suit due to the enormous amount of problems the environmental department has been causing us .. with being arrested we lost a $3000.00 job .. and now some of our customers are wanting to cancel service because they don't want to be a part of the "problem" ... we have even had people lie about why we were arrested ... we live in a very small community less than 1000 people in my town and less than 30,000 in the county they have been throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks on that day and then sending out the sheriff's office to "investigate" ... which usually ends up being a ... hey Donnie or Ginny ... fix this or that .. and then they move on - for almost 2 years now ... I have normally been able to fight them off with complying to every request and demand they have put on me even though they are not doing the same to my next door neighbor who owns a mechanic shop and his property is much worse than mine could ever be with all the oil and batteries laying around ..
I have fenced my entire yard with a privacy fence and I still can not seem to get them to leave me alone ... but this went too far ... my husband and myself had to spend 2 days in jail ... they said it was because the judge that was magistrating people the first day was afraid of a conflict of interest due to the fact that he and my husband are friends and went to school together ... crap ... I say ... so we had to wait for a judge from matagorda to come in when she felt like it .. because I guarantee that no one called her to have her come in .... plus I have requested a copy of the warrant and the complaint from the sheriff's office and they advised that the warrant went back to the court and they couldn't give me any copies of the documents??? I did ask about that and received the open records act website from another adviser .. but this is crazy and it's making me loose my mind ... I don't know who to complain to ... cause it seems that we are not getting a fair shake on ANY of these situations ... I'm looking at getting a lawyer from houston that deals in illegal dumping cases and enviornmental issues .. I have an appointment with him tomorrow at noon ... do you have any questions that I should be asking him in particular that can help me with making sure I get the right counsel?

You want the Attorney to tell you how he plans to handle this matter. You will be able to tell from his "plan of action" if he fully comprehends the situation. Try not to lose your mind (I know it easy for me to say this) sadly I have seen these abuses of power far too many times. If they think they can continue to harass and bully you they will. You are letting them know that enough is enough.

Trust me I know how local politics can be horrific.

You are most welcome.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
I have some reading to do and apparent filing to do ... cause I'm DONE!!You have been an amazing amount of information and I can't thank you enough.

I am happy that I could help. Are you able to see the rating scale at the top of the page on your end, 5 stars? Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you very much.