Can I file a writ of mandamus myself in federal court.

Can I file a...

Can I file a writ of mandamus myself in federal court

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I wrote the federal judge that heard and wrote the orders and he advised me to file a writ of mandamus

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes this was in 2004 I have restitution and they are keeping 100%when order says 10%

4/11/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

The answer is yes. A Writ of Mandamus is possible against a federal agency under UCC Section 1361 of Title 28. Let me know if you need a sample.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Thank you and yes could you send me sample so I can file it with court on my own behalf?

Sure. See HERE.