Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney/Member in Private Law Firm
101469244

My wife hired an lawyer around 2 years ago for an accident

Customer Question

my wife hired an lawyer around 2 years ago for an accident he isn't contacting us and has done anything what can we do we need help lawyer said limit runs out in november
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we are in Wilson n.c
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: lawyer said he having hard time with hospital bills that insurance didn't want to pay bill in greenville
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he also said that insurance said it wasn't wreck related in which it was
Expert:  Sean K replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

If you have been informed that the statute of limitations runs out in November, you are safe, for now. There is still time to proceed with your case, but you need to make some decision soon.

The first decision is whether to stay with your current lawyer. If you do, you need to schedule a meeting with him and have a very direct conversation where you ask him the value of your case and the likelihood of recovery. Then ask him his plan for handling the case.

If you are satisfied with the answer, then stay with him.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, you are entitled to request your file and go to another attorney. You can even go to another attorney, let them know you are there for a second opinion and if you hire another attorney, that attorney can coordinate getting your file.

The important thing to keep in mind is that if the statute of limitations passes and a law suit has not been filed, then the claim is no longer valid.

It is difficult to evaluate the exact reason for why insurance may be addressing a bill one way or another, but the attorney should be able to get all of your bills to address them and to make them part of a settlement demand.

Bottomline, hold his feet to the fire and if you are not satisfied with the approach he is taking or answers you are receiving, take you case to a proactive attorney.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.