My wife had her wages garnished for a car that was

repossessed. The full amount was...
My wife had her wages garnished for a car that was repossessed. The full amount was paid. We recieved a letter saying she was being taken to court by a company we never heard of. We called them. We were told letters were sent out by mistake. They refused further inquiries.
Now we have recieved notice, she is being garnished again, for the same company for more money.
What do we need to do to stop this?
4/11/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

She needs to go to the Courthouse where the Judgment was obtained and file Motion to Stop the Garnishment and provide reasons for the Motion. She needs to attach evidence of previous garnishments to the Motion. She can obtain Motions forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online. In her Motion, she is also needs to request that the wrongfully garnished funds be returned to her.

Best wishes,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The website said typically within a day. Your fine.
So we can fight this on our own? Or would we be better served to get a lawyer?
We want to make sure they can't do this again, with more fees and intrest later.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Questions:

So we can fight this on our own?

Response 1: Yes, you can.

Or would we be better served to get a lawyer?

Response 2: You would be fine on your own.

Response 3: You would be okay. You need to obtain Motion forms and file Motion to Vacate the Garnishment and to recover the wrongfully garnished funds.

There is no much an Attorney can do under the circumstances. Also, the Attorney's fee to litigate the matter would be cost prohibitive.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you so much.