Would you have an objection (as counsel for the defendant)

Would you have an...

Would you have an objection (as counsel for the defendant) with a Local court Judge presiding over a small claims case where the Plantiff’s attorney used to work for the same Judge’s private firm? Does this rise to the level of a potential conflict of interest as the Judge had a documented employee/employer relationship with Plantiffs attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

The case has been decided in favor of the Plantiffs with a judgement against defendant for about $3500. I am the out of state defendant from NC.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I don’t believe my PA based attorney adequately presented my facts (counter claim) in the case.

4/10/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
It is a conflict. Judge should recuse himself.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Should I appeal based on the appearance of the conflict?
Can I call you tomorrow? Please provide your contact info. Thank you!
Are I still there?
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksJudge should recuse on own or by motion.
Appeal is a further option. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
You have my phone number, please call me tomorrow to discuss the matter. I just can’t chat now. Thanks
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
As the judge already closed the case and ruled not in my favor, what action can I take re: his conflict of interest and why he did not recuse himself?
Appeal