I'm asking these questions on behalf of Bryan Del grooms my…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****'m...

Hi my name is*****'m asking these questions on behalf of Bryan Del grooms my boyfriend February 21st 2018 recently got pulled over when he got pulled over he took off running from the vehicle and ran from the police officers they caught him he's been in Comanche County Detention Center since February 21st 2018 he can't afford a lawyer so they gave him a quart appointed attorney and he has rule a failure to pay on a previous fine and I guess I'm asking today what will his charges be on running I guess a resisting arrest after they did catch him he didn't put up a fight or anything like that he just took off he pulled over and jumped out of the truck and took off running so I guess I'm just and it's a felony so I guess I'm asking what his charges would be on that and if he should plead not guilty or no contest

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready I keep clicking on your picture but it takes me back up here to this message

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the resisting arrest charges?

Yes May 4th*****appointed attorney if I'm saying that right had him sign his rights for a speedy trial so he pleaded not guilty which don't make sense to me because clearly he is guilty always was under the impression that you pleaded no contest until you went to court so I was just wondering what could happen this is his first felony he's ever had and this is the first time he's ever been in trouble he did 6 months for child support and that was a few years back other than that he's you know he has this is his first felony and like I said he doesn't have never been in any major trouble

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the resisting arrest occur?

Oklahoma Lawton Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Actually would be in Comanche County

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/4/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

His court appointed lawyer is correct. He should plead not guilty at his arraignment, which he did. ALL criminal defendants are presumed to be innocent until proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That gives every defendant the right to plead not guilty,l which is, in fact, the only plea that keeps his rights open

THis doesn't mean he has to go to trial. He can get a deal and then plead guilty. But by pleading not guilty, he gets to see some of the evidence against him and can have his lawyer negotiate a favorable deal. That way, he will know in advance what he will get in exchange for a guilty plea.

He would be charged with evading arrest. It can be a misdemeanor or a state jail felony depending upon which subsection they are charging him with. You can see the statute under which he was charged here:

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-38-04.html

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.