My credit card(s) were stolen and used, I know who done it.

Customer Question
My credit card(s) were...

My credit card(s) were stolen and used, I know who done it. I’ve reported this to the police. He told the investigator that we were in business together and I allowed him to use my personal credit cards. We were not in business together as he claims but the police seem to believe him without even interviewing me or anything. My credit card companies are holding me responsible for all the charges he put on my cards. He has charged over $20,000. How/where can I get help for representation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?

No. He is not being charged.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The individual is currently serving time for Breach of Trust with Fraudulent Intent by taking my vehicle, he is due to be released from Kirkland 1 May.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - you will have to print out all the charges on the cards - bring in copies of bank statements, and any and all communication (texts or emails) concerning this issue. Without that information the police will not act.

Went back to the police, they are not going to file charges. The perpetrator told them that I allowed him to use my credit cards freely and we were in business together. Because I helped him get a couple jobs they've decided we were in business together. Now I need to file a law suit against the perpetrator for him to have to pay on the credit cards as well as to get any equipment back that I paid for. What type of law does this fall under and what type of lawyer do I need?