I need to know if I can sue CVS for asking me to pick up my…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know if I can sue CVS for asking me to pick up my exes prescriptions

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your exes in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your exes taken so far?

He reported it to the police and I was arrested with two counts of felony charges and I had no idea I was doing anything weong

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wrong

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Have you been charged with any specific crimes? Why did they call the police?

He is very abusive and would do anything to hurt me
I am on disability and I can not afford to pay for a call

I understand.

I have
He called after 3 weeks

I see. Can you walk me through what happened exactly?

I went to CVS to pick up my prescriptions and a friend wanted me to get her some over the counter sleep aide. I ask the pharmacist where it was. So after I got it I went up to get my prescriptions and check out. The girl said do you want to go ahead a get Heralds prescriptions and I said sure I can do that and get them to him. I called and told him and then never heard another word for about 3 or 4 weeks then an officer from Olive Branch called and ask me if I got it and told her the situation and she ask me to call her back. During that time I lost her number and I didn’t think anything else about it. I changed phone services. He is very abuusive and drinks a lot. So you never know what your getting but at the time we were on good terms.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Has the district attorney charged you with a crime? If so, what crime?

I’m not sure. I go to court on April 26th

I see what you mean. Did they send you anything in the mail about what the nature of the charges are at all?

My daughter text me one afternoon when he picked her up and said she did not know how he made it to the school and back without killing someone or himself bc he was drunk. I told her not to get in the car with him for him to bring her home and I would come get her. When I got there he came often her in my car went across me and pinned me down and gr
I was arrested at his house when I went to get my daughter

I see. Thanks for providing me that background. Do you know who called the police on you?

He sat there and laughed at me while my daughter was so terrified and crying
I called because he chocked my daughter and we were being abused and he knew what would happen. I had no clue I even had a warrant
I was trying to get help
Bc I was in fear of our life

I understand. Did the police tell you why they were arrested you instead of him?

No they just kept saying you have a warrant and I said for what
They knew he was drinking and didn’t care

What was the warrant for?

You keep asking the same question
This must be a scam for money.

I'm sorry if there's any confusion and I assure you this is no scam. What I'm trying to understand is why you were arrested and with what you were charged, but I can't get a clear answer on that. I'm also unsure of what role CVS plays. You said that you picked up a prescription and several days later you were arrested and later charged, but I feel like there's some big holes in the facts here. Can you help me understand what you were charged for? If so, what is your concern with how CVS was involved?

This has all happened over a period of several months. I know it doesn’t sound correct maybe I’m just not explaining it step by step. I will find another way to get my answer. Thanks for your time.

I understand. I'll opt out and let another expert help.

Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, your previous contributor left.

CVS is not legally liable for allowing you to pick up his prescriptions if you regularly did so. If you did not get along with him, then you should have declined picking them up. Your ex is liable to you for making up charges against you and having you arrested, but before you can sue your ex for that, you first need to go to court on the criminal charges and get found not guilty. Once the criminal charges are over, THEN you can sue your ex for malicious prosecution and seek damages from your ex for making these false charges against you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you so much. I agree that I shouldn’t have picked them up and I agree that my ex should pay but this is my thing. If for any reason I would have thought I could get in trouble for it then I would never have do it. Just trying to be nice bc he is my child’s father

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with you that you were trying to be nice, but that is why your case is against your ex for his actions, but not CVS.