I am living in Patagonia Chile, and maintain legal residence…

I am living in Patagonia...
I am living in Patagonia Chile, and maintain legal residence in Aspen for voting and taxes. In a wrongful termination complaint against former employer City of Aspen, which should I list?
4/3/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. In your complaint, the court requires an allegation as to your legal residence. Therefore, you should list Aspen, CO. That is where you maintain a legal residence for voting and taxes so it is deemed your permanent residence.

Thanks. Is it better for you if I ask another question here in this thread or enter a new one?

If it is a related question, you can post it here. If it is a new question (unrelated), please enter a new one so you get the correct expert.

After my firing, we are having a lot of stress, conflict, and tears. Unbeknownst to me, I started grinding my teeth, had to have them rebuilt 3 times, and now I have to sleep with a plastic mouthpiece. We took a trip to convalesce.Also, the language in my termination letter is outrageously deceptive. It would be all but impossible for anyone to read it without thinking I was sexually harassing co-workers or otherwise acting inappropriately.Is it possible for us to recover costs, pain & suffering, etc., and if so, how are we to measure pain and suffering?
This occurred after I refused to forward spreadsheets with uncorrected accounting irregularities to my Director.

I​f it was for discrimination or retaliation (looks like your cases), then you may be entitled to emotional distress damages. There is not set dollar figure for these type of damages. The jury decides based on the facts and circumstances of the case. You also may have damages for defamation by your former employer. Be sure to explore that as well.

I thought the employer had to make the claims to someone else for defamation to apply? The deceptive claims were only circulated internally, AFAICT. My expectation is that there will be mediation, and I don't have a clue what to ask for, other than much more than the $3600 they offered me to leave & keep quiet.
I also had found & reported vendor overcharges and a long-standing conflict of interest with quality audits. I suppose they somewhat had to get rid of me, not realizing I wanted to help fix these issues.

If the employer circulated the slanderous comments internally that is defamation is anyone else (besides you) saw them.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Thanks! Really appreciate your help!!

Y​ou are welcome.

please remember to post a positive 5-star rating.