Born 8 11 36 I married darl feb 12 1966, we had 4 children,

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** born 8 11 36 I married darl powell feb 12 1966, we had 4 children, darl retired from navy after w0 years of service. our marriage failed, we were devorced after 10 years on feb 11 1976, darl passed away 9 20 1992, was I entitled to a widows pension, feb 12 1966 to feb 11 1976. I figured that was exactly 10 years. because feb.12 1976 would have been the begining of the 11th year. do I qualify for any ss payments. please call me at(###) ###-#### thank you ellie powell

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I applied for benefits as the time of his death, which was sept 1992 i was denied because of the one day, which i find very unfair, because we had 4 children in this marriage i had to finish raising them alone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if i should have had some kind of a benefit.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
4/3/2018
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. YOu divorced in 1976...as part of the divorce, did the court order he pay a portion of his retired pension to you?