P g & e subcontractors bring many non english speaking

Customer Question
P g & e...

P g & e subcontractors bring many non english speaking employees to my property for tree clearing etc. since they're performing work on my land, is p g & e or the subcontractor obligated to prove their legal work status to me? tom

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

They enter my property according to p g & e's wishes. they claim no obligation to answer my questions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this?

Noit understanding your questions. p g & e has the authority to entyer anyone's land in order to clear trees from powerlines. i just want to know if i have the right to question whether those subcontractors workers are legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think my question's understood

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. The answer to your question is no; they aren't obligated to prove to you that they are legal to work. The reason is because they have to prove to the state and local government that they are authorized to work in the United States. This is usually done at the time of hire and reported to the government. Moreover, because you are a customer, you won't suffer any personal liability if they happened to not be unauthorized to work in the U.S.; only PG&E would face any liability, including fines and other penalties associated with doing so.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?