I have not been able to pay a bill because of illness and…

Customer Question
I have not been...

I have not been able to pay a bill because of illness and income. Now they are turning it over to a magistrate. What Should I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. Just explained to the company why I could not finished paying them. It's $700.00

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Are you able to work out a payment plan with them for the balance?

no
can't call me for this

In a situation like this, if you have no money, assets or income, they have nothing they can go after, to satisfy the debt. Yes, they can sue and get a judgment but there would be no basis to try and enforce it since you have nothing for them to go after. If they file a lawsuit, you will be served and be given a chance to respond and contest this but if you have no defenses, they will get a judgment and likely hold it, until you have something for them to go after.

can't call. I cannot pay that amount

We can continue online.