Bob and I were together for 29 years. While we were together…

Customer Question
Bob and I were...

Bob and I were together for 29 years. While we were together Bob bought a trailer house on 2 lots in Venus Texas. He gave 6,000.00 for this property. Bob has passed away . He has 2 sons by a previous marriage. My question is do I owe his sons anything for these 2 lots. The trailer has been hauled away.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have tried several times to meet with them at a lawyers but they never show up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this?

Several times but nothing gets done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 19 days ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

I want to make sure I follow... BOB owned the lots?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
do I get an answer

what do you mean by "do I owe his sons anything for these 2 lots"? They'd be entitled to the lots if they are the next of kin - if you don't own the lots

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Bob and I were common law

Okay, so that means that the two of you held yourselves out as husband and wife to your family/friends/community?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
We lived as husband and wife I use his last name

So if his sons contest your ownership of the lot you would need to establish your status. Attached is information on proving your status as a common law spouse.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney