My husband has stopped paying alimony without informing me.

My husband has stopped...

My husband has stopped paying alimony without informing me. We don't have a court order but we have an agreement in our papers.He is assuming I have someone living here helping me financially. I am seeing someone who spends the night sometimes but doesn't help me with Bill's of any kind

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Nc

4/3/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. You say

We don't have a court order but we have an agreement in our papers.

What does that mean? What papers are you referring to?

our separation agreement
We didn't go through court .just lawyers

Ahh...thank you. Is this the separation that proceeds divorce (the one year separation)? Or are you not yet contemplating divorce?

it was a year yesterday

Thanks
What is your question regarding this? Are you asking if you can sue to enforce the agreement?

I'm not sure what to do.I don't know how expensive it will be.Ive heard it is high.thats

How long ago did you sign the separation agreement?

he moved out April 1st of last year.We finally signed in July but it was back dated from april

Ahh...so you are nearly at the one year point. Tell me, what is the plan for the divorce? Or do you have one?

no
I'm going to let him file

Thanks
I have some thoughts and will type them up...a few mins please

ok
he texted me weeks ago through his daughter and told me to do the right thing and sign off on him giving me money.
I told him don't contact me unless through a lawyer
Should I contact him or wait for lawyer to do so.My lawyer is on vacation.And won't be back for a couple weeks

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

P. Simmons, Attorney
Ok