Recently, I was terminated from my contract as an

Hi there,Recently, I was...

Hi there,Recently, I was terminated from my contract as an independent contractor at a financial service company. I'm in the process of appealing my termination requesting that I get a suspension or anything but termination. I need help with pleading my case. Can you help me or refer me to someone who can help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not with a lawyer yet. I'm seeking legal advice for the appeal process. I have requested an appeal and i have a meeting next week with a mediator.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I was an independent contractor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The next meeting i have been given is a good faith negotiation.

4/3/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your contractual and employment law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill following up on your request.

Because you are a contractual employee as an independent contractor your rights are expressed in your independent contractor agreement.

If suspension rather than termination is set out in the agreement as a preferred preliminary action you can enforce this promise.

Your remedy would be to seek arbitration or refer the matter to the civil court if the other party insists on termination contrary to the agreement.

Do you have a copy of your contract; this is something I can review as an additional service, just let me know.

Here for your follow ups.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Thank you. I'll have to find it and email it to you. Can you call me tomorrow?

If you put in call request either I if available or another attorney picks up on it.

You just need to list the times you can receive the call.

Alternatively you can submit the contract to me for review rather than call

Thanks

Attorney Bill