My fiancé and I bought i house together in November 2017. We…

Customer Question
Hello , my fiancé...

Hello , my fiancé and I bought i house together in November 2017. We ended up putting it only in my name, cause of his credit !! We don’t have anything joint together!! He pays his bill and I pay mine!! He pays for the mortgage and I pay all utilities. He put down the down payment witch he gave to me as a gift letter for out mortgage lender. Now he’s demanding he wants out and wants his down payment back. I want to know what are my rights ? Thank you !!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No we haven’t done anything yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

In crane Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No mam !

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

The deed is prima facie evidence of title. If the deed is in your name then the presumption is that you are the sole owner of the property.

Without any other legal claim on title, such as a spousal claim, it is going to be difficult for the ex to prove any claim on the title, especially with a gift letter.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Are you online with me?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.